Assigning different colors to queues is a great way to differentiate between them visually.
Here is how you can change the color of a Queue:
- Click the ACD Panel menu and select Queue Manager.
- Open the Queue Settings for the the queue you wish to alter by clicking the queue itself.
- The third setting is Queue Representation Color.
It has a color swatch showing the existing queue color as well as a hexadecimal RGB value for that color (each digit pair representing either Red, Green, or Blue.)
- Click on either the swatch or RGB value. This will open a color color selection window.
- Since computers are able to display 16.7 million colors, it is impractical to show a color selection windows with all those colors at once.
Instead, the color selection window has a color spectrum bar on the right side. Pick a color region of the spectrum and then select a more specific hue on the left side of the window.
The Queue's color is updated on the fly.
- Click on the Color Swatch or RGB value to close the color selection window.