Browser Notifications are pop-up windows that show up on your computer to notify you about new calls, messages, voicemails, and faxes. They are great to have while you are not using the TeleConsole so you can keep on top of incoming communication. The TeleConsole need to still run in the background for this to work.
Notifications will show even if you are using the TeleConsole browser interface, and if you find them distracting you can deactivate them as explained below.
Call related notifications offer direct interaction, allowing you to IGNORE, ANSWER, or FORWARD the call.
The other notifications are merely clickable, which will just take you to the TeleConsole's message area where you can quickly access the relevant message.
Activation and Deactivation
Push notifications are activated or deactivated from your web browser separately for each web site. We have only listed Google's Chrome and Mozila's Firefox here. The method is similar with other browsers on the market, but if you can't figure it out feel free to contact us.
- Make sure you are on the TeleConsole web page and click the Padlock icon to the left of the address bar.
- Click Notifications and select to either Allow to activate push notifications, or Block to deactivate them.
- If you select Ask (default) you will be prompted to Allow or Block notifications every time the TeleConsole's web page is loaded or refreshed.
There are two methods to set notifications in Firefox.
From Site Information:
- Make sure you are on the TeleConsole web page and click the Information (or padlock) icon to the left of the address bar to show the Site Information options.
- Notice that Send Notifications (under Permissions) will be either set to Allowed or Blocked.
- Click the X icon next to it to remove the setting for the permission.
- Refresh the page and you will be prompted to select to Allow Notifications, Not Now, or Never Allow.
Not Now will only block notifications temporarily until your refresh the page again. The two other choices will either allow or block it permanently (that is until you change it).
From Privacy & Security options:
- On the Site Information options (as mentioned above) click the Gear icon (to the right of Permissions).
This will open a new tab and display Permissions under Privacy & Security options.
You can also open this from the Firefox menu by clicking on Options, selecting Privacy & Security, and scrolling down to Permissions.
- Click Settings next to Notifications.
- Only one site is shown in the screen shot below. But if you have a list of sites just find app.telebroad.com.
- Select either Allow or Block and click Save changes.