Caller ID is the name and number shown to clients when you call them, which can be set to be different than your actual phone number or can be completely hidden. Different caller ID can be handy, for example, for an agent that works in two different departments or for a call-center that handles two completely different products. Each department or product gets its own unique caller ID number.
There are two methods to select a caller ID, from Settings or from the Call or Fax windows.
The Settings method has a higher priority and determines the caller ID for both new calls and new faxes permanently. If you change the caller ID from New call or New Fax, it will only be changed temporarily just for the particular call or fax.
Selecting Caller ID from settings:
- Click on the gear icon for Settings on the top right corner of the TeleConsole.
- Find Caller ID Under Phone settings and click the existing number.
- Choose your caller ID from the drop-down menu. Any number on the list was defined by your phone system administrator. You will need to ask him for a new caller ID if you need one.
- In addition to a phone number you can select Default - your company's company's main number, or Unknown to hide your number when calling clients.
- Start a New Call or send a New Fax from the buttons on the bottom of the TeleConsole.
- Click on the mini-menu on the right side of the respective windows and select your preferred Caller ID.
Note that you cannot select an Unknown Caller ID for sending faxes!