Access Live View from the Analytics Menu on the Welcome Dashboard screen. Live View is your command center for observing and handling Calls, Users, and Departments, providing you with such information as calls traffic, users' activity, and groups load.
Note that Live View is refering to Departments while the Welcome Dashboard is refering to Groups. The terms are interchangeable. And indeed you will see immediately that Groups also make appearance in Live View as well.
In the bottom right corner of the window is the Filter Button that gives you to control on the information displayed in the window.
Live View has three distinct view modes, selected by clicking on the Toggle View icon, on the top right corner.
1. Calls View
This simplified mode shows only calls. It is handy when you need more screen space to handle a large call volume.
The calls are divided into two groups
- Holding Calls - Marked by a red phone number. These are calls that have not been answered yet.
- Answered Calls (Also called Active Calls) - Marked by a turquoise phone number. These are calls that have been answered by agents.
Looking closer at at each call box, we can see several items of information:
On the left we see the caller's phone number and name or caller ID.
On the top right is the time lapsed since the caller began the call.
- Below it, is the current status of the call.
When the caller is in the main phone menu, before he selected a department to speak with, it will say IVR and some number relating to the phone system setup. IVR stands for Interactive Voice Response.
If the call Holding (that is not answered yet,) the status can be the name of the Department the caller is holding for, or the name of the User the phone system is currently trying to reach (you will see that the system cycles between all the users belonging to a particular department).
If the call is Answered, the status is the name of the Active Agent handling it.
Because we don't see any users or departments here, there is only one filter that applies to this view - Filter Calls By Status. Select from it to display only Holding Calls or only the Active Calls.
Click on any call and to Call Actions will appear on the top right corner.
Call Actions is the same in all three views.
Hang Up - Is self explanatory. You will be asked to confirm you want to hang up the call and once you do the call will be disconnected.
Redirect - This is one of the most important tools of the Live View, allowing you to handle overflow and match the right users with the right customers. When you push the button, it will open a window with two tabs where you can redirect the call to either Queues or Agents. Select one and push Redirect Call.
The Users tab - Only users who have not answered a call yet are displayed. Notice how some users are completely available - Waiting for Call, while other agents have their phone Ringing, and therefore may not be available.
The Departments tab - Notice you see how many calls are Holding and how many are Live calls. This gives you an indication of how busy is each department.
If you decide not to redirect the call, simply click again on the call and the redirect window will close.
Join Call - Allows you to listen to a call by joining the conversation. Click to approve this operation. Note that this is only available for Live calls. The icon will not be displayed for Holding calls!
2. Users View
This is the default view when accessing the Live View and the most comprehensive one including users, departments, and calls. The calls themselves have an additional visual indicator with green phone icon for live calls and a red one for holding calls.
This handy area lists all the agents and their Availability status, making it easy for you to redirect calls to users who are not busy. You can see how the status next to an agent's name corresponds to a call that lists the name of the agent - Christopher Cherry has called the Accounting department and is waiting for someone to pick up (Ringing). There are two calls that have been answered by Jeremiah Robinson and Alexander Garcia (On Call), making them both unavailable to have call redirected to them.
The different possible user statuses are:
Unavailable - This status shows that the user is logged out of all the departments he belongs to, making him unavailable to receive calls.
On Call - The user is handling a live call that he either received or initiated.
Available - The user is logged in and is available to take calls.
On Another Call - The user is handling more than one call.
Ringing - The user's phone is ringing. He is yet to answer. Or the user has called someone and is waiting for an answer.
- Do not disturb - This is a notice activated by the user from his TeleConsole, simply suggesting he is occupied with another activity. Please see our TeleConsole solutions for more information.
2 - Departments Summery
Here you see how many calls are Holding and how many are Live in each Department. For example here we see the Sales Department has one holding call and one live call, while the Technical Support department has one live call brining us to a total of three calls as seen above.
3 - Departments sorting Options
Click to choose how to sort the list of departments:
A to Z - Sort the departments alphabetically.
Most holding calls - Sort the departments by the ones with the most unanswered calls.
Most Users available - Sort the departments by the ones that have the most users that have not yet answered any calls.
- Priority - Sort the list by the departments' priority rankings. Priorities are set by your administrator. If users in one departments are all busy than a call will be redirected to another department, one with the next highest priority.
4 - Users sorting options
Click to choose how to sort the list of agents:
- A to Z - Sort the users alphabetically.
- Waiting for calls First - Sort the users by the ones who are waiting to answer calls first, that is available agents will be shown at the top of the list, while the ones who are busy with calls will be placed lower.
- Sort by Group - Sort the users by the ones belong to more groups. For example an agent belonging to three groups will be placed at the top of the list, while an agent belonging to only one group will be lower.
None - Will also sort the agents alphabetically.
- Calls sorting options.
Call Actions work in an identical manner to to they works in Calls View. Click on any call to perform Call Actions - Hang Up the call, Redirect it, or Join Call to listen to it.
All filters can be uses in this view. For example using two filters, you can display only Active Calls in the Sales and Customer Service departments. We discuss Department and Calls filters in the two other view sections, so let's focus on User filters:
Filter Users - Check-mark here the users that you want displayed in the user's list.
Filter Users by Status - Select one of the options here to filter specific users to be displayed on the users' list.
- Available for calls - The users' list will only show users who are not talking to clients or having their phone ring by clients. This is very useful when you need to distribute calls manually.
- on call - Self explanatory. The users' list will only show users who are currently talking to clients. This is handy when you need to join a conversation.
Logged out from all groups - Self explanatory This will help you deal with large call volumes by finding agents who are logged out from all groups.
3. Departments View
The view has two modes - Regular, and Full screen when you need more space. Both relevant buttons are found on the top right corner.
Full screen mode offers one item of information that is not available in regular-screen mode. We will discuss this in a moment.
Layout and Information
Each box in this view represents a department. Inside each department-box you will find the calls associated with it.
Here is some of the information available in this view:
- Information panel for all departments. It tells you the Total number of calls for all departments, Holding calls for all departments, Answered calls in all department, Average wait time and Max wait time for all departments, Available users - the total number of users minus the ones on calls or on hold, and Unavailable - the users who are completely logged out from all departments or who have toggled on their "do not disturb" status (so if that number is zero, it means all users are actually logged in to one or more departments and none has toggled on "do not disturb").
- The Customer Service department - On the top we see that the department has one Holding call and one Live call.
- In the same department we also see that Beverly Mercado has answered one internal call, marked by a turquoise phone number. An external call is ringing (on hold) for Alexander Garcia, marked by a red phone number.
4 - There is also a call ringing to Beverly Mercado in the accounting department. This means Beverly belongs to both departments and has a high user priorirty. The call is holding for her since she has already answered another call. It will either go to her voicemail or keep waiting for her to answer based on her TeleConsole settings.
Since in this view we only see calls which have distributed to departments it means you will not see calls where the client is still listening to main phone system greeting (IVR) or calls from users to outside clients.
5 - If you switch to full screen view, each department box will also display information about Users available. The number on the right is the total number of users assigned for the department, while the one on the left is the ones who are available (logged in and have not switched on "do not disturb"). So as we see here in the Sales department we have four users and all of them are available, while in the Technical support department we have three users and only one of them is available.
Call Actions work in an identical manner to how they works in Calls View. Click on any call in any department to perform Call Actions - Hang Up the call, Redirect it, or Join Call to listen to it. The gray Call Action icons will show up in the top right corner regardless if you are in regular or full screen mode.
Resizing and Rearranging Departments.
You can resize departments or move them to rearrange them according to importance.
Resizing - When a department gets busy with calls, you will need to use the scroll-slider to move up and down and examine the calls. Instead of doing that you can save time by clicking the Plus icon in the bottom right part of a department-box to double its size. Click the Minus icon on the resized department to shrink it back to normal size.
Rearranging - If you have a lot of departments you may want to move and rearrange them so the more important ones are on the top, saving you from having to scroll up and down constantly.
To move a department-box click anywhere inside it, hold the mouse button, and and then start dragging it around. The box will become translucent.
Move it over another box, one that you want to switch places with. The box you will be switching places with will get red borders to indicate it is selected. Let go of the mouse button and the queues will switch places.
Users filters do no apply in this view, meaning you can only filter by Departments or Calls (see Filter Calls by Status above). Combining filters is certainly possible. For example using two filters, you can display only Active Calls in the Sales and Customer Service department.
Remember that when we refer to Departments and Groups we are talking about the same thing.
Filter Groups - Select the groups you want to be displayed from the check-box list. This allows you to focus on the more active groups.
Filter Groups By Status - Choose to display groups that have No Call(s) in them (either active or holding), or groups that have No Agent(s) logged in them (not even one agent). During heavy call volume, this allows you to direct calls to groups with no activity, or find groups that don't receive calls because their agents are logged out.