The Chrome SMS Extension, also known as the SMS Console, allows you easily exchange SMS messages with your external contacts.
As implied by the name, you need to use this App from Google's Chrome web browser. If you don't have it you can install it from here.
Installing and Removing the extension
Access the SMS extension from the Telebraod's home page by clicking on Apps on the top menu.
If you are using a phone or a tablet access Apps from the side menu.Scroll down and find print2fax in the "Apps and integrations for your daily needs" section.
Scroll down and find click2call in the "Apps and integrations for your daily needs" section.
Click it and a pop up window will open, where you can click Get It Now to be taken to the Google play store, where you can download the extension from.
Here click Add to Chrome on the top right corner.
You can right-click the icon and select Remove from Chrome... to uninstall the extension.
Logging in and Signing Out
Click the SMS Console icon to open the login window. Enter your user name and password (the same as you use in Teleconsole). Checkmark the Remember Me! field to save your details and avoid having to retype them every time you want to use the
After you have logged in. The SMS Console icon will feature a counter showing you the number of new messages you have not read yet.
To sign out from the console (so other people using your computer can't read your messages) first click on the console icon, then click on the menu icon on the top right corner and select Signout.
To be able to send messages you need to have an SMS number. If you don't have one you need to speak with your administrator or contact us. Your SMS number shows up in the top left corner of the console.
Messages and Contacts
The console has two tabs. Messages and Contacts.
- Click on any message to open it, see and its conversation, history and continue it chatting with the person.
- To make a new message click the plus icon on the top right. You can type either a name or a number in the To: field. The console will find any matches in your existing contacts that you can choose, or just keep typing a new number. Type your message and click the paper plane icon on the bottom right to send it.
- To delete a message you need to click on the icon to left of it to select it. And then click on the trashcan icon that will appear on the top right corner.
- You can also click on the magnifying glass icon and search for messages by numbers or name of contact.
- To add a new contact click the plus icon. Then enter the contact's details. First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number are mandatory fields. Email, Profile Photo, and Website are optional. Click the Floppy Disc icon to save the contact.
You can also set toggle a contact to be available to be viewed by the public. Public in this case refer to all the users on the phone system in your company. Once this is enabled, the contact will not only appear in your own Personal contacts, but also appear in the the Personal contacts of every other user in the company. In other words public contacts are shared by everyone in your company, while non-public contacts are only available for you.
- Click on any existing contact to open it. Here you can start a New Conversation with a contact, or Edit its details. You can also also click the menu button ans select to Delete it.
- You can also click on the magnifying glass icon and search for contacts by numbers or name of contact.