The purpose of resetting the phone is to revert the phones settings to default and clear data created by previous user.
The steps for restoring Factory Defaults are dependent on the phone model. The following steps cover the Polycom VVX 300, 400, and 600 series.
To perform a factory reset do the following:
- Reboot the phone
Either hold the 0, 1, and 3 keys while the handset is off the hook, or simply unplug the phone and plug it back in.
- Press Cancel when the updater appears on screen.
- Immediately after pressing cancel, while phone is rebooting, hold the 1, 3, and 5 keys.
This should provide you with a Password prompt
- Enter the password required
If you do not have the password use the MAC Address listed above the bar code on the bottom of the phone.
- The phone should reboot itself and be reset to Factory Defaults.
- You can check if the process was a success by accessing any of the Menu options that require a password (for example Advanced in the Settings menu) and entering the default password 456.
Quick Review > Reboot Phone - Cancel - Hold 135 - PASSWORD - Reboot - Check Success