Before you go ahead with the provision process of a Cisco SPA phone, you need make sure the phone is connected to your network and booted up. To connect the phone plug an ethernet cable to the port on the back of the phone marked with SW.
If the phone is new or has been brought over from another provider/account it will need to be reset to Factory Defaults.
To reset the phone:
Press Menu button on your phone and choose Settings.
- Navigate to Factory Reset and press Select.
The phone should reset and factory settings will be restored.
- Press Menu button on your phone and choose Settings.
Provision Methods and Instructions
There are two ways to provision a Cisco SPA device:
- Using the the Link on Lan URL.
- Using a web interface on a computer or a mobile device.
1. Cisco SPA Provisioning with the Link on Lan method:
You first need to obtain the local IP address of the device(s) that need to be provisioned (Ex. 192.168.1.11).
To find the IP address:
Press the Menu key.
Address should be listed under IP Address or Current IP.
Once you have the LOCAL IP of the device enter the following link on a computer or a mobile device that is connected to the same network as the phone.
(Make sure to replace LOCAL IP with the address obtained from the phone itself.)
The phone should reboot itself and be completely provisioned.
2. Cisco SPA Auto Provisioning from Web Interface
Telebroad prefers that you use the Link on LAN over the Web Interface method to setup and start Auto-Provisioning for Cisco SPA devices since to access the Web Interface for the phone(s) you need to login to the phone using a computer and browser on the same network as the device.
If a support technician needs to provision a phone remotely they will either need access to the customer's router or use a remote Desktop/Screen sharing application such as the one available from Telebroad at https://www.telebroad.com/ra
Once you are ready to provision you can perform the following steps:
- You should have the phone's IP address as noted above (Ex. 192.168.1.156).
- Enter the IP address into a browser's URL Address box and login.
The phone will be accessed and the web interface will open.
- Click on Provision tab.
- Click on Admin>Advanced.
- Find the Profile Rule field and enter the following:
- If applicable, make sure the Provision Enable setting is set to Yes.
- Press the Submit All Changes button at the bottom of the page.
- The phone should reboot itself, but if it doesn't just reboot the phone manually.