Browser notifications are pop-up windows that let you know about new messages, voicemails, faxes, or missed calls while you are not using the TeleConsole (or even your browser) so you can keep on top of incoming communication. The TeleConsole needs to still run in the background for this to work.
There are also browser tab notifications which provide additional audio and visual cues about incoming communication. You can read about them here.
Note that the TeleConsole has its own voicemail notification settings. These allow you to get notified about new voicemail messages by email or by a phone call while away from your desk.
If you find browser notifications distracting you can deactivate them as explained below.
If you click a notification you will be taken to the TeleConsole window or tab where you can quickly access the relevant message or missed call.
Activation and Deactivation
Notifications are activated or deactivated from your web browser separately for each web site. We have only listed Google's Chrome and Mozila's Firefox here. The method is similar with other popular browsers but if you can't figure it out feel free to contact us.
- Make sure you are on the TeleConsole web page and click the Padlock icon to the left of the address bar.
- Click Notifications and select to either Allow to activate push notifications, or Block to deactivate them.
- If you select Ask (default) you will be prompted to Allow or Block notifications every time the TeleConsole's web page is loaded or refreshed.
There are two methods to set notifications in Firefox.
From Site Information:
- Make sure you are on the TeleConsole web page and click the Information (or padlock) icon to the left of the address bar to show the Site Information options.
- Notice that the Send Notifications field (under Permissions) will be either set to Allowed or Blocked.
- Click the X icon next to it to remove the setting for the permission.
- Refresh the page and you will be prompted to select to Allow Notifications, Not Now, or Never Allow.
Not Now will only block notifications temporarily until your refresh the page again. The two other choices will either allow or block it permanently (that is until you change it).
From Privacy & Security options:
- On the Site Information options (as mentioned above) click the Gear icon (to the right of Permissions).
This will open a new tab and display Permissions under Privacy & Security options.
You can also open this from the Firefox menu by clicking on Options, selecting Privacy & Security, and scrolling down to Permissions.
- Click Settings next to Notifications.
- Only one site is shown in the screen shot below. But if you have a list of sites just find app.telebroad.com.
- Select either Allow or Block and click Save changes.