Note that currently an Unknown caller ID is not yet supported for calls in the new version.
- Caller ID Methods Priority
- Selecting Caller ID From the TeleConsole Settings
- Selecting Caller ID From From the Call or Fax Screens
Caller ID is the name and number shown to clients when you call or fax them. It can be configured to be the same or different from your actual phone number. For phone calls, it is also possible to completely hide the caller ID.
Different caller IDs can be handy, for example, for an agent that works for two different departments or for a call center that handles two completely different products. Each department or product gets its own unique caller ID number.
Caller ID Methods Priority
There are two methods to select a caller ID, from the TeleConsole Settings or directly in the Call or Fax screen.
The Settings method has a higher priority and determines the caller ID for both new calls and new faxes permanently. If you change the caller ID from New call or New Fax, it will only be changed temporarily just for the particular call or fax.
Selecting Caller ID From the TeleConsole Settings
- Click on the gear icon for Settings on the top right corner of the TeleConsole.
- Find Caller ID Under Phone settings and click the existing number.
- Choose your caller ID from the drop-down menu. Any number on the list was defined by your phone system administrator. You will need to ask him for a new caller ID if you need one.
- In addition to a phone number you can select Default – your company's company's main number, or Unknown – to hide your number when calling clients.
If you selected the latter, the recipient of the call will see an "Unknown", "Blocked" or a similar message instead of your phone number.
- Start a New Call or send a New Fax from the buttons on the bottom of the TeleConsole.
- Click on the mini-menu on the right side of the respective windows and select your preferred Caller ID.
Note that you cannot select an Unknown Caller ID for sending faxes!