Changing Voicemail Greetings
There are four types of greetings a client may hear when reaching your voicemail, depending on the call scenario:
- Default greeting will have priority and be played if no other greeting has been recorded.
- However if the Default greeting field is empty (no recording has been made) than the system will play your Audio name followed by saying "is unavailable".
- Temporary greeting is played if you are unreachable, like when you are logged out of all your queues or toggled your availability status to Do not disturb.
- Busy greeting is played if you are already on the phone with another caller.
To change the greetings by using voice prompts see option 1-4 of the mailbox options below.
To set up and record greetings from the TeleConsole:
- Click on the Settings button top right corner.
- Scroll down to Voicemail settings and click Change greeting. The four greeting types will show. If you have more than one mailbox, each will have its own settings. Make sure you change the greeting for the correct one.
- Select the greeting type you want to to work with to reveal its associated recordings options and settings.
Note that the audio player, for previewing the currently selected greeting audio file, will only show if a greeting has been previously selected or uploaded.
- There are three tabs to select or record a greeting:
- Click the CHOOSE GREETING tab to select a greeting from a list of available recordings.
- Click the UPLOAD NEW tab to upload a greeting from an existing file on your device. Drag and drop the file to this window or click click here (on the bottom of the window) to navigate to it.
Once you have uploaded the file click SAVE to add it to the list of available greetings or click the X icon to discard it.
Note that you still need to select the greeting you just uploaded from the CHOOSE GREETING tab!
Any file you upload for one greeting type is available to all other greeting types. You do not need to upload the same audio file for different greetings types.
- Instead of uploading a greeting, you can have the TeleConsole CALL (you) TO RECORD it. Simply enter your phone number in the tab and click CALL ME. Your phone will ring and you will be prompted to record your greeting. When you are done the greeting will be available under the CHOOSE GREETING tab and be labeled with the date and time it was recorded.