- Installing the SMS Extension
- Uninstalling the SMS Extension
- Extension Options
- Logging in and Signing Out
- Messages ---
- Contacts ---
The Chrome SMS Extension (also known as the SMS Console) allows you to exchange SMS/MMS messages with your personal contacts directly from Google's Chrome web browser (If you don't have it you can install it from here.)
Messages are sent from your Telebroad account without requiring a mobile number, but you do need to have a Telebroad business SMS number enabled on your account.
Installation and Removal
Installing the SMS Extension
- The SMS extension installation can be accessed from Telebroad's home page by selecting App Marketplace on the top menu.
If you are using a mobile device (or if the size of your browser's window is scaled down enough) access Apps Marketplace from the side menu instead.
- Scroll down and select SMS Plugin under the "Apps and integrations for your daily needs" section.
Select Get It Now in the window that opens to be taken to the Chrome Web Store, where you can download the extension from.
- You can also access the extension on the Chrome Web Store directly from this URL.
- Select Add to Chrome on the top right corner.
You will be prompted to approve to Add Extension (or Cancel) with details of the permissions the extension will be granted. The extension will be downloaded and automatically installed in your Chrome browser. Its icon will appear in the chrome window top right corner, just next to the Chrome menu and to the right of the address bar.
To do so you need to be signed into Chrome (with your Google account credentials) and select Add to Desktop. You also need to make sure that the Chrome sync setting is turned on. The extension will then get automatically installed in any desktop Chrome browser where you are signed in.
Alternatively, you can just select the share button () and send yourself an email reminder to install the extension.
If you are not signed in to Chrome you will see links to instructions on how to sign in and enable sync on your browser.
Uninstalling the SMS Extension
To uninstall the extension right-click its icon (found just right of the address bar) and select Remove from Chrome.
You can also uninstall the extension by clicking Manage extensions.
If you have hidden the extension's icon, click on Chrome's menu and select Extensions>More tools. Find the SMS extension and click Remove.
When you right-click the icon of the extension you have several additional options:
- Clicking Telebroad SMS Console will just take you back to the Google Play store where you can also click Remove from Chrome to uninstall the extension.
- Clicking This can read and change site data option lets you determine the permissions for the extension. Select to make it active On all sites, only on the site the browser is currently focusing on (On google.com in the example... so if you have other tabs or pages, the extension will not function on them), or for full control you can make it active only When you click the extension.
- Hide in Chrome menu will push the extension out of view (it is still active, but you can't click it.) To unhide it click-drag leftward from the edge of the address bar, just next to the star (bookmark) icon.
- Manage extensions has several additional options that duplicate the choices discussed here already. Two that are more useful are the On toggle and the Allow in incognito. Use the former when you want to prevent the extension from displaying notifications or to just temporarily disable it instead of uninstalling it. Use the latter if you work in Chrome's incognito mode to protect your privacy.
Logging in and Signing Out
Click the SMS Console icon to open the login window. Enter your user name and password (the same as you use in TeleConsole) and click Login. Check the Remember Me! box to save your details and avoid having to retype them every time you want to use the extension.
If you don't remember your password you can click Need Help? to open another window where you can enter your email and have your TeleConsole password emailed to you.
After you have logged in, the SMS Console icon will display a counter showing you the number of new messages you have not read yet.
To sign out from the console (so other people using your computer can't read your messages) first click the console icon, then click on the menu icon on the top right corner and select Signout.
To be able to send messages you need to have a working SMS number. If you don't have one you need to speak with your administrator or contact us. Your SMS number shows up in the top left corner of the console.
If you have more than one SMS number, the default one will be used. You can not change the default number from the SMS console, but you can do so from either the Android, iOS, Windows/macOS, or web version settings of the TeleConsole.
Make sure you are on the MESSAGES tab to see, send, and delete messages.
Click on any message to open it and see its conversation history.
To send a new message click on the top right. You can type either a name or a number in the To: field. The console will find any matches in your existing contacts for you to choose (only personal contacts are available), or just keep typing a new number. Type your message and click on the bottom right to send it.
If you want to insert emojis into the message you can do so from Windows 10 touch keyboard that is accessible from the taskbar. If you don't see the icon for the touch keyboard, right click the taskbar and select Show touch keyboard button.
The SMS console only shows your personal contacts. Chatting with company contacts is available from any version of the TeleConsole.
Click the CONTACTS tab to see, add, and delete contacts.
Adding a New Contact
Click to add a new contact. The contact will be saved as a personal contact to your TeleConsole account. Read here about the difference between personal contacts and company contacts.
First Name, Last Name, and Phone Number are mandatory fields. Email, Profile Photo, and Website are optional. Click to save the new contact.
You can also add a contact from an opened message by clicking the menu icon on the top-right and selecting Add To Contacts. This will open the Add Contact screen with the number of the party you are conversing with already inserted in the Phone Number field. If you are conversing with an existing contact you will see a Contact Info instead.)
Editing a Contact
Click to edit the details of the contact. The editing screen that will open is identical to the one for adding a new contact.
Click and select Delete to delete the contact from your TeleConsole account. You will get a prompt where you can click Delete again to confirm the deletion or you can Cancel it instead.