Click2Call (click to call) is a Google Chrome browser extension that converts phone numbers into clickable links for quick dialing from a Telebroad phone number. It also offers a time saving automatic dialing feature.
If you try to run the extension from another browser you will be taken to the Chrome Web Store and be prompted to download Chrome (you can also install it from here.)
Installation and Removal
- The Click2Call installation can be accessed from Telebroad's home page by clicking on App Marketplace on the top menu.
If you are using a mobile device (or if the size of your browser's window is scaled down enough) access Apps Marketplace from the side menu instead.
Scroll down and find click2call in the "Apps and integrations for your daily needs" section.
Select Get It Now in the pop up window that opens to be taken to the Chrome Web Store, where you can download the extension from.
- You can also access the extension on the Chrome Web Store directly from this URL.
- Select Add to Chrome on the top right corner.
You will be prompted to approve to Add Extension (or Cancel) with details of the permissions the extension will be granted. The extension will be downloaded and automatically installed in your Chrome browser. Its icon will appear in the chrome window top right corner, just next to the Chrome menu and to the right of the address bar.
- You cannot run the Click2Call extension on a mobile version of Chrome, but you can install it to your desktop from a mobile device for later use.
To do so you need to be signed into Chrome (with your Google account credentials) and select Add to Desktop. You also need to make sure that the Chrome sync setting is turned on. The extension will than be automatically installed in any desktop Chrome browser where you are signed in.
Alternatively you can just select the share button () and send yourself an email reminder to install the extension.
If you are not signed in to Chrome you will see links to instructions of how to sign in and enable sync on your browser.
To uninstall the extension right-click its icon, just right of the address bar, and select Remove from Chrome...
If you have hidden the extension's icon, click on Chrome's menu and select Extensions>More tools. Find the Click2Call extension and click Remove.
When you right-click the icon of the extension you have several additional options.
Clicking Telebroad Click2Call will just take you back to the Google Chrome Store where you can also click Remove from Chrome to uninstall the extension.
Click2call Rescan Page will rescan the current web page for phone numbers and assign dialing links to them.
Clicking This can read and change site data option let you determines the permissions for the extension. Select to make it active On all sites, only on the site the browser is currently focusing on (On google.com in the example... so if you have other tabs or pages, the extension will not function on them), or for selective activation you can make it active only When you click the extension.
Options will take you to the setup screen (see below).
Hide in Chrome menu will push the extension out of view (it is still active, but you can't click it.) To unhide it click drag leftward from the edge of the address bar, just next to the star (bookmark) icon.
Manage extensions has several additional options that duplicate the choices discussed here already. Two that are more useful are the On toggle and the Allow in incognito. Use the former when you want to temporarily disable the extension for any reason instead of uninstalling it. Use the later if you work in Chrome's incognito mode to protect your privacy.
Logging In and Setting Up
Click the Click2call icon or right click it and select options to open the login and setup window. Enter your User Name and Password (the same as you use in Teleconsole) and click Proceed.
Once your TeleConsole credentials are verified with the Telebroad server the setup choices will be displayed:
- You can click Switch Account if more than one user is using the same computer or if you have more than one TeleConsole account.
- Select a phone number from the Phone drop-down menu. This is the line that will be used for making calls with the extension.
- The caller ID associated with the phone line will automatically show in the Caller ID field. You can manually change it to any other caller ID that is available on your phone system.
- Enter any Prefix, if you use one, that is used by your phone system before you dial an external number (for example dialing 9 to get an outside line.)
- Check Auto Answer to allow the app to automatically answer an incoming call (you will not have to push an answer button) when the Call Me Second option is enabled.
- Call Me Second - instead of making a call and waiting for the recipient to pick up, the extension will first call the recipient and once he answers it will call you.
- Check Detect Phone Number to allow the extension to scan web pages for phone numbers and convert them into links. This really gives you the one click to call capabilities of the app, but if you disable this you can still make calls in three clicks by highlighting a phone number and right clicking it (see below).
Click Save and you will get a message that the extension is now active. The extension icon will turn colorful. You can click it for a small menu that gives you access to the settings page and a toggle for enabling or disabling Detect Phone Numbers.
If the Detect Phone Numbers option is enabled any phone number that appears on a web page will be converted into a clickable link. Hover your mouse over any such link and a floating bubble window will be displayed, prompting you to call the phone number. Click the number and your phone will dial it.
If there is any problem with a phone number not being converted to a link or if you have just toggled Detect Phone Numbers on, right-click anywhere on the problematic web page and select Click2Call Rescan Page.