Types of Call Transfer
You can transfer a call on the Yealink DECT W56P to a different contact/number or to an existing call on hold.
There are three types of call transfer:
- Blind Transfer: Transfer a call directly to another party without consulting.
- Semi-Attended Transfer: Transfer a call when the target phone is ringing.
- Attended Transfer: Transfer a call with prior consulting.
Another transfer method, using a Telebroad system dial code, allows you to transfer a call directly to a voicemail of your choice.
Note that internal incoming call cannot be transferred on the Yealink W56P.
Transferring a Call to a Contact/Number
To transfer a call:
- During a call press or press the Options soft key and select Transfer.
- Enter the number of the intended recipient or press the Directory soft key and select the desired contact.
- Press or to dial out (for directory contact you can also press the Call soft key.)
- Do one of the following:
- Blind transfer: Press or the Transfer soft key to complete the transfer.
- Semi-attended transfer: When you hear the ring-back tone, press the or the Transfer soft key to finish the transfer.
- An attended (consultative) transfer: After the contact answers and agree to accept the call, press or key or the Transfer soft key to finish the transfer.
Transfer an Active to a Held Call
To transfer a call when there are two calls on the handset:
- Establish two calls by calling user A, placing the call on hold, and calling user B.
- Select the desired call (e.g., the call with user A) to make it active.
- Press the Options soft key and select Call Transfer.
The screen displays the target party (user B) you will transfer the call to.
- Press the Transfer soft key to complete the transfer.
A call is established between user A and User B.