You can use call park feature to place a call on hold and then retrieve it from another phone in the system (for example, a phone in another office or conference room).
You can park an active call by pressing a configurable call park key on the phone. If the call is parked successfully, the response is either a voice prompt confirming that the call was parked, or a visible prompt on the LCD screen.
If the parked call is not retrieved within a period of time assigned by the system, the phone that performed call parking will receive a call back.
To configure a call park key via phone user interface:
- Press Menu>Features>DSS Keys.
- Select the desired DSS key.
(DSS Keys include both like keys and programmable keys. You can assign various functions to the later, which is what we are doing here.)
Press Call Park or the Switch soft key to select from the Key Type field.
Press or the Switch soft key to select the desired line from the Account ID field.
(Optional) Enter the string that will appear on the LCD screen in the Label field.
Enter the call park code in the Value field.
Press the Save soft key to accept the change or the Back soft key to cancel.
To use call park:
- When you receive (or make) a call on your phone that you want to take on another phone, press the DSS key you configured above.
- Find an available phone to take the call and dial the line you designated above for the parking function.
- Enter the call park code.
- The system establishes a connection to the parked call.