You can mute the microphone of the active audio device during an active call so that the other party cannot hear you.
You can also mute the microphone while dialing so that the other party cannot hear you when the call is set up. It helps prevent the other party from hearing the
informal discussion when auto answer is enabled on his/her phone.
Call mute applies to all modes (Handset, Headset and Speakerphone).
Muting a Call
To mute a call:
- Press during an active call.
The LCD screen indicates that the call is on mute.
Also the mute key LED illuminates solid red when the call is on mute.
To un-mute a call:
- Press button again to un-mute the call.
Muting While Dialling
To mute the microphone while dialing:
- Press on the pre-dialing, dialing or calling screen.
- The mute key LED illuminates solid red. The call is muted automatically when setting up successfully.
To un-mute the microphone while dialing:
- Press again on the pre-dialing, dialing or calling screen.
- You can also mute the microphone when the IP phone is ringing.
Normally, the mute feature is deactivated when the active call ends. Keep mute feature enables you to make the mute state of your phone persist across calls. This feature should be pre-configured by your system administrator.
When keep mute is enabled and you press the MUTE key, the phone stays in the mute state until you un-mute the microphone or until the phone restarts. It helps prevent the other party from hearing the noise coming from your room when auto answer is enabled on your phone.
When you mute the phone in an idle state or any other states, the mute key LED illuminates solid red and the icon appears on the status bar.