You can mute the microphone in any status.
The following occurs when you mute the microphone:
- The other party cannot hear you but you can still hear all other parties.
- You cannot record your voice.
The mute state persists across calls, and the phone stays in the mute state until you unmute the microphone or until the phone restarts.
To mute the microphone, do one of the following:
- Tap the Mute touch key in any status.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to enter the control center and toggle Mute on.
- Note that you cannot enter the control center when calling, ringing or in a call.
- When in a call, tap Mute.
- The mute key LED illuminates solid red and the icon appears on the status bar.
To unmute the microphone:
- Tap the Mute touch key again in any status.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to enter the control center and toggle Mute off.
- When in a call Tap Mute again.