You can use call park to place a call on hold, and then retrieve the call from another phone in the system (for example, a phone in another office or conference room). You can park an active call by tapping the call park key on the phone. If the call is parked successfully, the response is either a voice prompt confirming that the call was parked, or a visible prompt on the touch screen.
To configure a call park key via phone user interface:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap DSS Keys from the Features block.
- Tap the desired line key.
- Tap the Type field.
- Tap Key Event in the pop-up dialog box.
- Tap the Key Type field.
- Tap Call Park in the pop-up dialog box.
- Tap the Account ID field.
- Tap the desired line in the pop-up dialog box.
- (Optional.) Enter the string that will appear on the touch screen in the Label field.
- Enter the call park code in the Value field.
- Tap to accept the change or to cancel.
Call park key is configurable via web user interface at the path DSSKey>Line Key.
To use call park:
- User on phone A places a call to phone B.
- User on phone A wants to take the call in a conference room for privacy, and so taps the call park key on phone A.
- User on phone A walks to an available conference room where the phone is designated as phone C. The user dials the call park retrieve code to retrieve the parked call.
If the parked call is not retrieved within a period of time assigned by the system, the phone performing call park will receive a call back