Enabling Do Not Disturb (DND) stops your phone from ringing and sends all incoming calls directly to voicemail. All calls you receive while DND is enabled are logged to your Recent Calls list.
DND Indicators and Situations
When you enable Do Not Disturb, the following happens:
- The Do Not Disturb icon displays in the status bar.
- If your phone is idle, the icon displays next to your phone line in Lines view, as shown next. If you have new messages or forwarding enabled, the messages or forwarding icon will display instead.
The DND icon in Home view changes from to , as shown next.
Enabling Do Not Disturb on shared lines disables ringing only. You’ll still see a visual notification of the call and have the option to answer it.
If you’ve set your presence status to Do Not Disturb, as well as enabled DND for your phone, the message "My Status: Do Not Disturb" will display instead the date display, and the DND icon won’t display in the status bar.
Activation and Deactivation
To toggle Do Not Disturb on and off:
From Home view, select DND. Or, if your phone is idle, press DND.
Using Do Not Disturb with Multiple Lines
By default, the Do Not Disturb feature applies to all lines on your phone. However, your phone may be set up so that you can enable the feature on a per-line basis.
To enable or disable Do Not Disturb for a particular line:
- From Home view, select DND.
- From the Line Select screen, use the Up and Down arrow keys to select the line you want to enable the feature for.
- From the Do Not Disturb screen, select Enable or Disable.
- You can also enable Do Not Disturb for all lines, by pressing Set All. o automatically disable the feature for all lines, press Clear All.