Are you expecting to be away from your office phone? No problem! We offer a variety of methods to access to your voicemail remotely:
- TeleConsole mobile apps - this is the easiest and most obvious method. Just install the Android or iOS version of the TeleConsole on your mobile device and you get direct access to you voicemail messages(as well as SMS/MMS and eFaxes) from an intuitive interface.
- Running the TeleConsole from a mobile browser - do you prefer not to install the TeleConsole mobile apps (maybe to conserve battery or storage?) You can still run the TeleConsole from a web browser on your mobile device with the app.telebroad.com/ URL.
When you login to your account you may get a message telling you you are using the wrong operating system. Simply go to the browser's menu and select Desktop site on Chrome (or a similar option on other browsers). Refresh the page and you can now use the TeleConsole just like from a desktop computer.
- Dialling an access code - you can access your voicemails from any telephone by dialling an access code, as explained here. This access code is tested with the telephones we sell and support. If your phone is not supported or if you need some special access (such as for bypassing your IVR) we can usually set up a different code for you.
- By "Voicemail to Email" or a call notification - the TeleConsole's Notifications option of the Voicemail settings allow you to get MP3 file attachments of new voicemail or get a call that informs you about a new voicemail with an option to listen to it.
- R.E.S.T API Requests - if you are an advance user or want to get more system information about voicemails you can use two related API requests - GET/voicemail and GET/voicemail/file.
If you will be using this method frequently you can save these requests to a REST API client app that will allow you to run them with one click or tap.