With the intercom feature you can quickly connect with an internal contact in your office. By default, the target phone plays a warning tone and automatically answers the call in speakerphone (hands-free) mode. You can change four parameters on the target phone to modify the way intercom calls are answered or disable it completely (see below.)
Intercom functionality is also possible by using Telebroad's intercom dial code.
With the CP935W you can also place an intercom call to handsets/phones registered to the same DECT base station as your phone.
Configuring Intercom Key for Outgoing Calls
To make an intercom call you need to configure a DSS key with the target extension of the internal contact.
To configure the target extension for the intercom key:
- Tap on the bottom of the idle screen.
- Long tap the desired line key you want to configure.
- Select Intercom from the Type field.
- Select the desired line from the Account ID field.
- (Optional.) In the Label field, enter a string that will show on the screen to identify the target extension.
- Do one of the following:
- Enter the target extension number in the Value field.
- Tap (contacts) and select a desired contact.
- Tap to finish the configuration.
You can also configure the intercom key with the web user interface at the path DSSKey>Line Key.
Making an Intercom Call and Intercom State Indicators
To make an intercom call simply tap and tap the intercom key you configured above. The target extension plays a warning tone and automatically answers the call in the hands-free (speakerphone) mode by default.
The icon and color of the intercom key change to indicate various states to help you see if it is a good time to call the target extension.
Configuring Incoming Intercom Calls Parameters
By default, when there is an incoming intercom call, the receiving phone plays a warning tone and automatically answers the incoming call. Your system administrator can set a period of delay time before the phone automatically answers intercom calls
You can change the way intercom calls are answered by modifying four parameters.
To configure intercom parameters on the receiving phone:
- Access the Control Center by swiping down from the top of the screen or by tapping on the bottom of the idle screen.
- Select Features>Intercom (on the CP965 tap Settings first.)
- Set up the following parameters as desired:
- Intercom Allow – this is the default behavior (intercom calls are answered automatically). If you disable this feature, the phone will handle an incoming intercom call like a normal incoming call.
- Intercom Mute (disabled by default) – If enabled, the microphone will be automatically muted for intercom calls and you need to unmute it before continuing with the call.
- Intercom Tone (enabled by default) – determines if the phone plays a warning tone before answering an intercom call automatically. If you disable this, the phone will answer the intercom call without warning.
- Intercom Barge (enabled by default) – this determines what happens when the receiving phone has an active call in progress.
If enabled, the active call will be placed on hold so the phone can accept the intercom call.
If disabled, the intercom call will be handled like a normal call. It will become a waiting call if the call waiting feature is enabled, otherwise the caller will hear a busy sound.
- Tap to finish the configuration.
These intercom parameters can be configured on all Yealink phone models. The setting path to do so should be similar once you access the phone's menu or you can use the web user interface with the path Features>Intercom.