You can place an intercom call, when the phone is idle or during a call, to quickly connect with a specific or all DECT phones/handsets registered to the same base station as your handset.
If you want to place an intercom call to non-DECT phones (or DECT phones/handsets that are not associated with your handset's base station) you can use Telebroad's intercom dial code (to place an intercom call to a single phone) or Group Intercom Paging (to place an intercom call to several phones at once.)
Intercom vs Push-to-Talk
You can also communicate with other handsets on the same base station using the Push-to-Talk feature. The difference between the two features is that PTT communication is voluntary (users have to actively join the PTT meeting or enter the PTT mode) while with intercom a call is answered automatically on the receiving handset(s) without the user having control over it.
Configuring Auto Intercom Options
The Auto Intercom option defines how an intercom call is answered on a handset. It is configured on each handset separately.
By default, intercom calls are answered automatically on the speaker of the receiving handset(s), but you can change it so the user needs to press the Accept soft key to answer the call.
To configure the Auto Intercom option:
- Press to enter the main menu and select the Settings option ( on the 73H/78H or on the 56H).
- Select Telephony>Auto Intercom.
- Select a configuration – ---
- On (Beep On): The auto intercom feature is on. The handset will play a warning tone and answer the incoming intercom call automatically.
- On (Beep Off): The auto intercom feature is off. The handset will answer the incoming internal intercom call automatically without a warning tone.
- Off: The auto intercom feature is off. You need to answer an incoming internal intercom call by pressing the Accept soft key.
- Press the Change soft key.
Making Intercom Calls
You can make an intercom call with specific or all handsets when your handset is idle or while on another call.
To make an intercom call when the handset is idle:
- Press to enter the main menu and select the Intercom option ( on the 73H/78H or on the 56H).
The handsets registered with the same base station are displayed.
- Select the desired handset or select All Handsets to call all other subscribed handsets simultaneously.
- Press , or the OK soft key to dial out.
If the auto intercom feature is enabled on the receiving handset(s), the call will be answered automatically, otherwise the handset will ring.
To place an intercom call while on another call:
- During the call select Options>Intercom.
- Select the desired handset and press OK.