Muting a Call
When you are on a call, you can mute the audio, so that you can hear the other person, but they cannot hear you. Your voice will not be recorded while a call is muted.
See this article about muting your microphone or a participant during a conference.
To mute the microphone:
- During a call do one of the following:
- Tap one of the Mute touch keys on the phone (for reference see the keys layout articles for CP925, CP965, or CP935W.)
- Tap the Mute option on the call screen
Tap the Mute touch key or the Mute option again to unmute the microphone.
The Keep Mute State
In a meeting room, if incoming calls are answered automatically on your phone, callers may hear your discussion with your colleagues. You can keep the phone muted to prevent this unintended situation.
The mute state persists across all calls. The phone stays in the mute state until you unmute the microphone manually or until the phone restarts.
To enable the Keep Mute state:
- While the phone is idle, tap one of the Mute touch keys on the phone (for reference see the keys layout articles for CP925, CP965, or CP935W.)
- The keep mute icon () appears on the idle screen.
Tap the Mute touch key again to exit the Keep Mute state.