Call Forwarding Usage and Types
When you are not available to handle calls, you can forward incoming calls to another party.
Call forward is enabled on a per-line basis.
There are three forwarding types:
- Always Forward - incoming calls are immediately forwarded.
- Busy Forward - incoming calls are immediately forwarded if the line is busy.
- No Answer Forward - incoming calls are forwarded if not answered after a period of time.
Configuring and Enabling Call Forwarding
Remember that you have to enable call forwarding for each line that is assigned to your separately.
To configure and enable call forward for a specific line:
- Press to enter the main menu and select Call Features
- Select Call Forward.
- The screen displays the lines currently assigned to the handset. The default incoming line is highlighted.
- Select the desired line you want to apply forwarding to.
- Select the desired forwarding type and use the left/right arrow keys to enable it.
- Enter the destination number you want to forward incoming calls to in the Target field.
- If you select No Answer (No Answer Forward), use the left/right arrow keys to select the desired ring time from the After Ring Time field. The handset will ring for this selected duration and only then will forward the call.
- Press the Save soft key to confirm the changes you made.
- The or icon on the status bar indicates call forward is enabled.
If Always Forward is selected, you will not see a prompt to indicate an incoming call for the relevant line. The incoming call will be logged in the Received Calls list.
Call forward is also configurable via the web user interface at the path Features>Forward&DND.