You can select from the different ring types to distinguish between lines, have a different ring from your neighbor's phone, or associate a tone with a specific contact.
To change the incoming ring type for a line:
- If multiple lines are configured on your phone, first use the Up and Down keys to select the one you want to set the ring tone for.
- Press the Menu key and select Settings > Basic > Ring Type.
- Using Up and Down select the desired ring type and press the Play soft key to hear the selection.
Press the Select soft key to change to the selected ring type.
- Press Menu or Left key repeatedly to return to the idle display.
- Press the Dir soft key.
- Use Up and Down to scroll through the list to find the contact and Select it.
- Press the Edit soft key and press the Down key repeatedly until the Ring Type field is displayed.
- Press Select to edit the Ring Type.
- Press Left to remove an existing value, if one exists, and enter the number corresponding to one of the ring types available.
- Press the Ok or Cancel soft keys to accept or cancel changes.
- Press Left repeatedly to return to the idle display.