Types of Phone Views
The Poly VVX 401/411 models have three main views:
Home View: Displays your messages, settings, and information.
Lines View: It is the default phone view and displays your phone lines, your favorites, and conditional soft keys.
Calls View: Shows all your active and held calls.
At the top of each view is a status bar showing the date and time. If your phone has information you should know about it will be displayed together with the time.
To change to the Home View press . To change to the Lines or Calls View from the Home view press again.
The views you can access depend on the number of calls/active calls:
- If your phone is idle you can only access the Home and Lines views.
- If your phone has multiple calls or a held call you can access the Home, Lines, and Calls views.
You can display the Home view by pressing . At the bottom of the Home view is a page Indicator that shows how many icon pages are available. Highlight a menu option with the Right or Left arrow key and press Select to select it.
The following options are available in the Home view:
- New Call – displays the Dialer so you can place a call.
- Messages – provides you with access to your voicemail.
- Directories – enables you to access your Contact Directory, Favorites, Recent Calls list, Corporate Directory, and Buddy Status List.
- Forward – sets up forwarding options for incoming calls on your line.
- DND – enables Do Not Disturb for your phone. When DND is enabled, your phone doesn’t ring and incoming calls go to voicemail.
- Settings – provides you with access to phone features and settings you can use to customize your phone.
The following are additional icons available on your phone:
- Applications – provides you with access to a menu of custom applications. See your administrator for information about any applications available for your phone.
- Calendar – shows a calendar with your meeting details and allows you to join meetings.
Lines is the default view. It displays your phone line(s), your favorites, and soft keys.
If your phone is idle, you can press a line key to access the Dialer.
If your phone has calls, the phone line indicates the number of calls you have, and if they’re active or held. If the phone line has an active call, the call color is dark green, as shown next. If the phone line has one or more held calls, the call color is dark blue, as shown next. The number of total calls is shown above the calls. To select a call, use the up and down arrow keys. The number of total calls is shown above the calls. To select a call, use the Up and Down arrow keys.
You can access the Calls view when you have an active and held call in progress, or if you have one call on
hold. You can use the up and down arrow keys to see all your active and held calls. If your
phone has more than one line, your calls display under the associated line, as shown next.
The following colors indicate the call statuses on your phone:
- Dark green - active call.
- Bright blue - incoming call.
- Dark blue - held call.
Use the Up and Down arrow keys to highlight a call. Press the Hold, End Call, Transfer, or More soft keys to apply a function to the highlighted call.