- SIP Accounts on the Yealink T58W/VP59
- Registering a New Account---
- Switching Account/Phone Line
To use your T58W/VP59 phone it needs to connect to our servers using a SIP account. Your phone line, voicemail, and entire calling activity are associated to this account.
When we or your phone system administrator provision a phone, the SIP account of the primary user gets registered in the process.
You can register additional accounts manually if you need to use more than one phone number or if your phone is shared with other users.
Only one account can actually be active at any given time, but the multiple registrations allow users to easily switch between accounts/phone lines instead of having to log out/log in to a different account every time.
Registering a New Account
Finding Out the SIP User Name and Password
When registering a SIP account you need to provide a user name password.
The user name is usually the same as your PBX phone number. It will be something like 113842. It will not be your DID number or any caller ID associated with your line!
If you don't know the SIP user name and password, you can obtain them with
Performing a Registering
Up to 16 accounts can be registered on a T58W/VP59 phone.
You can register from the phone itself or by using the web user interface.
To register a new account from the phone:
- In the Label field you can enter a name for the account to identify it on your phone. If you skip this the default name will be the same as your phone line or user name for the account.
- In the Display Name field you can enter a caller ID for the account.
To register a new account from the web user interface:
- Select Enabled in the Line Active field.
Switching Account/Phone Line
If there are multiple registered accounts on the phone, you can quickly switch your phone line/number instead of having to log out/log in to a different account every time.
To switch to a different account:
- Tap the label of the active account at the top left to show the available accounts. The active account is indicated with a checkmark in the list.
- Tap the account you want to switch to.