Web Configuration Utility Usage
Our user guides for the Poly VVX 401/411 show you how to access features directly from the phone's user interface.
You can also access and control features from a web interface called the Web Configuration Utility. It provides more comfortable navigation, additional utilities and options, and diagnostics tools.
Configuration changes made to individual phones using the Web Configuration Utility will override configuration settings made with central provisioning.
In this support section, we only discuss how to manually upgrade the phone's software or perform a factory reset with the Web Configuration Utility. Please consult your phone system administrator with any other issues that may require you to use the Web Configuration Utility.
IP Address and Passwords
To access the Web Configuration Utility you need to know two things:
- Find out the IP address of the phone:
- If not on the Home view, press .
Select Settings () and navigate to Status>Platform>Phone.
Or you can also navigate to Status>Network>TCP/IP Parameters.
- Scroll down to see the IP address.
- The phone's current administrator or user passwords.
The default Admin password is 456.
The default User password is 123.
These passwords can be changed in the Web Configuration Utility itself.
When we initially provision your phone we usually change these passwords. If the default passwords are not accepted, and you are an existing client, please contact us for assistance.
Enabling the Web Server on the Phone
The web server feature on your VVX phone may be disabled. To allow the Web Configuration Utility access to your phone the web server needs to be enabled!
To enable the web server:
- If not on the Home view, press .
- Select Settings ().
- Select Advanced and enter the administrator password at the prompt.
The default administrator password is 456. If it was changed, speak with your phone system administrator or contact us if you have an active account with us.
- Navigate to admin settings)>Web Server.
- Set the Web Server option to Enabled.
The Web Config Mode is set to HTTP/HTTPS by default. You can select HTTP Only or HTTPS Only as per your network requirements (HTTPS offers more security).
- Press the back button and select Save Config to enable the web server.
When you don't plan on using the Web Configuration Utility, you can follow the same steps but set the Web Server option to Disabled. This will provide extra security, but you should inform your phone system administrator about doing so as he may need to be able to access your phone over the local network.
Accessing the Web Configuration Utility
To access the Web Configuration Utility:
- Enter the phone's IP address in a web browser that is on the same network as the phone.
- The Web Configuration Utility's login screen will load.
You can choose to log in as either User or Admin. Admin login gives full access and privileges, while User login provides limited access.
- Enter the corresponding password, and click the Submit button.
- The Web Configuration Utility Home screen is displayed.
Your computer or mobile device has to be on the same network as the phone. This means a remote connection is not possible.
If you are unable to connect, even when in the same office or location as the phone, try one of the following:
- Make sure the web server function is enabled on your phone (see above.)
- If the phone is using a Wi-Fi network (using the Obi adapter) make sure that Wi-Fi is enabled and connected properly.
- Try restarting the phone and your main router.
- Try using your browser in a private or incognito mode or try using a different web browser.
- If you are using a browser with an ad-blocking feature or if the browser has an ad-blocking extension/add-on, disable the blocking for the web page of the Web Configuration Utility.
- If none of the above help, you can try to plug the phone directly into your router.