The conference phone supports recording of up to 12 hours in one file. Recordings are saved with the ".aac" file extension.
By default, recorded files are saved into the internal storage. You can connect a USB flash drive to the phone and save the recordings there for easier porting to a personal computer or mobile device (the OTG feature needs to be enabled/supported on the latter). The flash drive should be formatted in FAT32 file format.
With the CP925/935W you need to get a Type-C flash drive.
With the CP965 supports Type-A or a Type-C flash drives. Since the Type-C port is less accessible, it is preferable to work with a Type-A drive.
When you insert a USB flash drive into the phone during a call, a message will indicate how much time is available for recording.
During a recording, the phone will inform you when the free space is getting low (30 minutes or 10 minutes). When the free space runs out, the recording is stopped and saved automatically.
Informing Parties and Asking for Consent
Before making a recording, it is very important to inform all parties that you are going to record the conversation and ask for their consent to do so. In some US states and Canada only one participant needs to provide consent for a call recording while in other states the law requires all participants to provide consent. To be on the safe side, please familiarize yourself with the legal requirements relevant to you, especially if you are making interstate calls.
Making a Recording
You can record regular calls and conference calls. For conference calls, all participants are recorded.
When a conference call is placed on hold, the recording is also automatically paused. While the conference is on hold you can place or answer other calls, which will be recorded to the same file. When the conference call is resumed, the recording is also resumed.
Starting a Recording
To start a recording, during a call select >Record. If a USB flash drive is connected, you will be prompted to select where to save your recording – CP925, CP935W, or CP965 (the internal storage) or the USB flash drive.
The screen displays a recording icon and the recording duration.
Pausing/Resuming a Recording
You can pause a recording when you don't want sensitive information to be included in it.
If you hold the call during the recording, none of the parties will be recorded until you resume the call.
To pause/resume a recording:
- Select >Pause REC to pause a recording.
- Select >Resume REC to resume a recording.
The recording continues to the same file.
Stopping a Recording
A recording automatically stops when the active call ends, or you can stop it at any time.
To stop a recording you select >Stop REC or tap (end call).
Setting Marks in a Recording
You can set marks while recording a call to note important moments. When playing back the recording, these moments will be indicated with red flags allowing you to quickly jump to them.
To set marks in a recording:
- Tap to set your first mark.
- The icon changes to . The number will increase with each additional mark you set.
Playing and Managing Recordings
You can browse and play recordings directly on your phone. If you recorded to a USB drive, you can also do so on a personal computer or a mobile device that can supports .aac files and has the OTG feature enabled and supported.
To access and browse recordings:
- Select >Recorder from the home screen to access the Audio Recorder app.
- The screen shows a list of recordings under the two tabs that you can switch between – Local (internal storage) and USB.
Each tab also shows the storage capacity, available space, and the available recording time in hours, minutes, and seconds.
Recordings are listed with a file name, duration, and file size. The file name is formatted with the recording date, time, and the name of the first person or other party on the call/conference and their phone number/IP address/name.
To play recordings:
- Tap next to a recording name to play a recording. A mini audio player with a pause/stop button will be displayed. The playback position and the total duration of the recording are shown below the player's progress bar.
- You can scrub quickly through the recording by dragging the playhead around and jump to markers positions (shown as red flags).
To manage a recording tap next to a recording name and select:
- Copy to USB to copy the recording from the internal storage to your USB flash drive.
- Delete the recording. Select OK when prompted to approve the deletion.
- Rename the recording. Enter a new name for the recording and select Ok to approve the name change.