CP935W DECT Usage
The CP935W phone has to be registered with a Yealink base station before it can be used in DECT mode (Wi-Fi mode is also supported.) You can register the phone with 4 different base stations if you need to move it around your office.
Multiple DECT phones and handsets (such as the w56H or W59R) can be registered to one base station. Refer to this buying guide for more information on the maximum number of phones and handsets supported by different base station models.
If you purchased the CP935W-base bundle (phone and a base station) the phone should have already been registered with the base station. If bought separately or for registering to other base stations, a manual registration is required.
Note that in some of the menu options, due to firmware compatibilities with other DECT phones, the phone is referred to as "handset".
Base Station Registration Mode
To register your CP935W phone, your base station needs to be set to registration mode.
To enable registration mode on a base station:
- If you are registering to a single-cell base station (such as the Yealink W60B or W70B) long press the button on the base station until the registration LED flashes. If the base station does not identify a handset within 90 seconds, the registration mode will switch off automatically.
- If you are registering to a Yealink W80 or W90 multi-cell system the registration mode on the base station needs to be first enabled with a web user interface. Refer to this article for more details.
Once the registration mode is enabled long press the device key ( on the W80 or on the W90) until the DECT LED indicator flashes.
After you enable registration mode on the base station you can proceed to register the phone.
To register a phone/handset do one of the following:
- Easy Registration – tap Reg on the phone to register quickly.
The registration process will be completed automatically. If you are working with a multi-cell system (Yealink W80 or W90) the handset will register to the base station with the strongest signal in range.
- Normal Registration – access the Control Center by swiping down from the top of the screen or by tapping on the bottom of the idle screen. Select Basic>Registeration.
A list of available base units (that you have not yet registered with) will show. Select the one you want to register with and enter the base PIN (default: 0000).
If registered successfully, the screen prompts “Handset Subscribed” and “Base NO. (last 4 characters of connected Base’s MAC address).”
The idle screen will show the internal device number of the phone on the base station. In the example shown here the CP935W is registered as "Handset 4" on the base station. The next registered handset/phone will be assigned as device 5.
If the registration fails it may be due to an incorrect base PIN (check with your system administrator for the correct one), the base station is out of range (move closer to it), or the base station is not in registration mode (see above.)
Deregistering the Phone
There may be occasions, such as if you are replacing the base station, when you may need to deregister the phone.
You can use any registered handset/phone to deregister any of the other handsets/phones on the base station.
To deregister the handset:
- Access the Control Center by swiping down from the top of the screen or by tapping on the bottom of the idle screen.
- Select Basic>Registraton>Delete and enter the base PIN (default: 0000).
- The screen displays the handsets/phones that are registered to the base station. The name of the phone/handset you are using is highlighted and followed by a left arrow.
- Select the desired phone/handset, and tap OK.
- Confirm the action by tapping Yes to deregister the handset or tap No to cancel.
You can also deregister the phone via the web user interface at the path: Status>Handset&VoIP>Delete Handset.
Renaming the Phone
The phone will be named automatically if successfully registered to the base station but you can rename it to personalize it.
To rename the phone:
- Tap on the bottom of the idle screen.
- Select Basic>Phone Name.
- Edit the name in the Phone Name field and tap .
The handset name is also configurable via the web user interface at the path Account>Handset Name.
Locating Phones/Handsets and Testing Registration
If you are using a single-cell base station (W60B or W70B) you can find all handsets/phones registered to it or locate a misplaced handset/phone by paging it from the base station.
To locate a handset:
- Press on the base station.
- All the idle phones/handsets that are registered with the base station will ring (get paged) simultaneously and display the IP address of the base station on their screens.
- Tap , OK, or End Call on the CP935W or press again on the base station to stop the ringing.
You can also locate handsets via the web user interface at the path Status>Handset&VoIP>Paging Status.