If your phone is malfunctioning or require updates you or your phone system administrator may want to perform one of the following:
Rebooting: this will bring the phone back to the its last configured state. It is also required sometimes when TeleConsole settings have been updated such as after modifying TeleConsole BLF settings.
Updating firmware: firmware is the software that loads when the phone is started and controls its functionality. Updating it to a newer version when one is released may resolve or improve phone performance issues.
Factory reset: this erases the current configuration and apply the original configuration the phone was shipped with from the factory. You can reset the the base station or each individual handset.
In most cases this can be attempted when your phone malfunctions without much concern. If this fails to solve the problem you can attempt the other two methods.
To reboot the phone via web user interface:
- Click on Settings>Upgrade.
- Click Reboot to reboot the IP phone.
The reboot process should take a few minutes.
You can update the firmware on either the base or the handset. Firmware files can be downloaded from the Yealink support portal. The file should be stored on a computer or network location that can be accessed by the web interface.
You can check the current firmware installed on the base or a handset to see if an update is indeed required.
To check the firmware version via phone user interface:
- Press , or press Menu>Status.
- Press or to scroll through the list and view the status information.
You may need to provide some of this information, besides the firmware version, to your phone system administrator for additional phone support or maintenance.
To check the firmware version via via web user interface:
- Access the phone's he web user interface as explained here.
- The firmware version is the first item found under the Status>Status path on the first page of the web user interface.
Other information is show here including IPv4 or IPv6 status, network configuration, and account status. You may need to provide some of this information , besides the firmware version, to your phone system administrator for additional phone support or maintenance.
To upgrade firmware via web user interface:
- Click on Settings>Upgrade.
- Click Browse to locate the required firmware from your local system.
- Click Upgrade to upgrade the firmware.
- The web user interface prompts “Firmware of the SIP Phone will be updated. It will take 5 minutes to complete. Please don't power off!”.
- Click OK to confirm upgrading.
Factory reset is only recommended after you have tried all other troubleshooting suggestions since it will delete all your personal configuration settings and reset them to the factory defaults.
It is advisable you contact us (if you have an account with us) or your phone system administrator before attempting a factory reset to see if the issues with your phone may be resolved without it and to ensure your phone can be properly provisioned and configured if a reset is indeed required.
To perform factory reset of the phone via phone user interface:
- Press Menu>Settings>Advanced Settings (Default password: admin)>Reset to factory settings.
- Press the Enter soft key.
- The LCD screen prompts the following warning:
- Press the OK soft key.
The LCD screen prompts the following:
- The phone will be reset to factory settings successfully after startup.
The process may take a few minutes. Do not power off until the phone has started up successfully.