Caller ID is the number presented to people you call. It can be set up to be identical to or different from your company's main number or your own DID number, if you have one.
Having alternative caller IDs is useful, for example, for a call center working with more than one product or service. Or you may want to have a specific caller ID for an ad campaign or a new product launch, etc.
It is also possible to set caller ID to Unknown, which is useful in cases where you don't want to reveal your number to clients.
To select a caller ID:
- Tap on the bottom right corner to access the TeleConsole's settings.
- The settings screen is divided into three categories - Channels, General, and Local Settings.
- Scroll down to find GENERAL and tap Caller ID.
A list of available Caller ID numbers will be displayed. This list is created by your administrator. If you require any additional numbers you should request them from him.
- Select Default to set your outgoing caller ID to the one set by your administrator as the company's default.
- Select Unknown to hide your caller ID when calling people.
- Select any other number from the list to set it as your caller ID for all your outbound calls and faxes.