To make a call tap the Dial Pad button at the bottom of the screen. You can also access your voicemail and its options from here. After you make a call or when you answer a call you will will be able to access Active Calls/Call Options Screen (some options are also accessible as a notification.)
The caller ID that you selected in the General Settings is displayed at the top (818-582-4011 in the example shown here.)
The dial pad is also accessible from other screens or menus where you see the call button – . A contact and voicemail screen examples are shown here.
The Dial Pad can also be accessed from notifications, where you can tap CALL BACK and have the number from a voicemail, fax, SMS, or missed call automatically dialed.
The Dial Pad screen is very straightforward. Simply enter the phone number you wish to call and tap to initiate the call. You cannot enter names here. To type a name and find its phone number use the Contacts screen instead.
Answering a Call
You don't have to be in the TeleConsole to answer a call. An incoming call pop-up prompt will be displayed on the home screen or over any other application you are using. The prompt also appears as a notification and while the call rings is displayed in the notification bar.
Tap the ANSWER button to accept the call or DECLINE to reject it.
Depending on the your TeleConsole's screening options, as configured by your phone system administrator, you may be prompted to press 1 on the dial pad (see Call Screen Options below) to accept the call.
A declined call will be routed to your voicemail box. Your phone system administrator can configure it to hangup or be routed to other destinations instead.
Note that the TeleConsole must be allowed to show notifications (in the Android setting) or non of these prompts will display and you will not be able to accept calls! (see more about the Android notifications settings here.)
If you decline or ignore the call it will be noted as a missed call in the Android's notification drawer (accessible by swiping down from the notification bar). Tap the notification to open the relevant TeleConsole screen (for example a missed call will open the Call History screen) or you can tap CALL BACK to place a call to the person who tried to reach you.
Similar notifications appear for voicemail, fax, and SMS messages.
Active Calls and Call Options
When you make or receive a call you will be presented with the call screen options. If you change to any other TeleConsole screen or any other app you can return to this screen by tapping its call notification (see below.)
The top of the screen shows the active call and its duration or an indication if it has been placed on hold. If you have more than one active call both will be shown. Tapping a held call will resume the call and put the other call on hold.
- Tap to end the call.
- Tap to mute the microphone on your end so the person you are talking with cannot hear you.
- Tap to display the dial pad screen, useful for calling extensions or making a selections from phone menus.
On the dial pad screen tap Hide to return to the call screen.
- Tap to activate the speaker of the device so you don't have to hold it next to your ear while talking. Tap it again to deactivate the speaker.
- In case you are experiencing connectivity issues with VoIP, tap to switch to your mobile number (and vice-versa). When you make the switch the Telebroad server will call your mobile phone. Once you pick up, it will finish connecting the call.
If you have not entered your mobile number in the settings, you will be prompted to first enter it before the switch can be performed. Check the Save as device number? box to save your mobile number for future calls.
- Tap to place the call on hold. The person you are talking with will hear background music. Tap Hold again to resume the call.
If you have two held calls, the Conference button will change to . Tap it to merge the two held calls to a conference call involving you and the two other (held) parties.
- Tap to transfer the call to another contact.
You can enter the transfer number directly on the DIAL PAD or tap the CONTACTS tab and select a number from there. You can even add a new contact while you are at it by tapping . See more about how to use contacts here.
- Tap (New Call) to dial another person while the existing call is put on hold. Enter a number on the DIAL PAD or select one from CONTACTS. Both dialed numbers will show at the top of the screen and you can tap each one to switch between them.
- Tap to record the conversation and save it locally on your device in the Android/Data/Com.Telebroad.teleconsole/files folder.
- Tap to create a conference between yourself and two other parties. When you tap the button you will get the option to call a third party using either the dial pad or by selecting a contact (similar to the Transfer option above.)
When a conference is in progress the Conference button will change to . Tap it to split the conference to two calls. You will get the option to stay (keep talking) with either of the participants while the other is placed on hold or to place both participants on hold.
Three options are also available as a call notification for quick access while using other apps. While a call is in progress, open the notification drawer (if the notification doesn't already appear on the screen) and tap on the relevant notification (if you don't see the button just swipe down on the notification) to reveal the option to Hang up the call, put it on Speaker, or put it on Hold. Tapping the notification will take you to the TeleCosnole's call screen options above.