You can use call park to place a call on hold, and then retrieve the call from another phone in the system (for example, a phone in another office or conference room). You can park an active call by tapping the call park key on the phone. If the call is parked successfully, the response is either a voice prompt confirming that the call was parked, or a visible prompt on the touch screen.
Call parking is also useful when a call need to be transfered to a person that is not at their desk. A receptionist can accept the call, park it, and use the office overhead paging system make an announcement to the person about the extension the call is waiting for him at. The person can then use any nearby phone to retrieve it.
To configure a call park key via phone user interface:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap DSS Keys from the Features block.
- Tap the desired line key.
- Tap the Type field.
- Tap Key Event in the pop-up dialog box.
- Tap the Key Type field.
- Tap Call Park in the pop-up dialog box.
- Tap the Account ID field.
- Tap the desired line in the pop-up dialog box.
- (Optional.) Enter the string that will appear on the touch screen in the Label field.
- Enter the call park code in the Value field.
- Tap to accept the change or to cancel.
The call park key can also be configurable via the web user interface at the path DSSKey>Line Key.
To use call park:
- During a call tap the DSS call park key, configured above.
- Dial the call park retrieve code, configured above, to retrieve the parked call from another phone on the system.
If the parked call is not retrieved within a period of time assigned by the system, the phone that parked the call will receive a reminder call back.