To make a call tap the Dial Pad button at the bottom of the screen.
The caller ID that you selected in the General Settings is displayed at the top (818-582-4011 in the example shown here.)
The Dial Pad is also accessible from other screens where you either see the call icon or from the menus that provide calling options, such as the transfer to contacts example show here.
The Dial Pad can also be accessed from notifications, where you can tap CALL BACK and have the number from a voicemail, fax, SMS, or missed call automatically dialed.
The Dial Pad screen is very straightforward. Simply dial the phone number you wish to call and tap to initiate the call.
Answering a Call
You don't have to be in the TeleConsole to answer a call. The Incoming Call window will show up over the home screen or over any other application you are using. Tap the ANSWER button to accept the call or DECLINE to reject it.
Depending on the your TeleConsole's screening options you may be prompted to press 1 (on the call screen options' dial pad, see next) to accept the call.
If you decline or ignore the call it will be noted as a missed call in the Android's notification drawer (accessible by swiping down from the notification bar) where you can tap CALL BACK to place a call to the person who tried to reach you.
Similar notifications appear for voicemail, fax, and SMS messages.
Call Screen Options
Once you make or receive a call you will be presented with the call screen options.
- Tap to end the call.
- Tap (Mute) to silence the microphone on your end so the person you are talking with cannot hear you.
- Tap (Dialpad) to display a dial pad screen, useful for calling extensions or making a selections from phone menus.
On the dial pad screen itself tap Hide to return to the call screen.
- Tap (Speaker) to activate or deactivate the phone's internal speaker.
- In case you are experiencing connectivity issues with VoIP, tap (Switch) to switch between using Teleconsole's VoIP number to your mobile number (and vice-versa). When you make the switch the Telebroad server will call your mobile phone. Once you pick up, it will finish connecting the call.
If you have not entered your mobile number in the settings, you will be prompted to first enter it before the switch can be performed.
- Tap (Hold) to place the call on hold. The person you are talking with will hear background music. Tap Hold again to resume the call.
- Tap (Transfer) to transfer the call to another contact.
You can enter the transfer number directly on the DIAL PAD or tap the CONTACTS tab and select a number from there. You can even add a new contact while you are at it by tapping . See more about how to use contacts here.
- Tap (New Call) to dial another person while the existing call is put on hold. Enter a number on the DIAL PAD or select one from CONTACTS. Both dialed numbers will show at the top of the screen and you can tap each to switch between them.
- Tap (Record) to make a recording of the conversation and save it locally on your device in the TeleConsole/Recordings directory.
- Tap (Conference) to connect two calls in a conference with you. For this to work you need to have two active calls that you added with the New Call button. The conference will occur between yourself, the currently active call, and the call on hold.