Web User Interface Usage
Our user guides for the Yealink CP925/965/935W mostly show you how to access features directly from the phone's user interface.
You can also access and control features from a web interface called the Web User Interface. It provides more comfortable navigation, additional utilities and options, and diagnostics tools.
In this support section we provide instructions for using the Web User Interface to:
Using the Web User Interface with other features is also sometimes mentioned without details but with the relevant menu path.
Please consult your phone system administrator with issues/features not mentioned here that may require you to use the Web User Interface.
IP Address and Login Credentials
To access the web user interface you need to know two things:
- The IP address of the phone.
To find out the IP address access the Control Center by swiping down from the top of the screen or by tapping on the bottom of the idle screen.
Select Status>General (on the CP965 tap Settings first.)
If your local network is using a DHCP server, the IP address is configured automatically when your phone is initially powered on. If the phone cannot obtain the IP address automatically you may need to configure the network settings manually.
- The phone's current administrator or user login credentials.
The default administrator credentials are “admin" (case-sensitive) for both the user name and password.
The default user credentials are “user" (case-sensitive) for both the user name and password.
When we initially provision your phone we usually change these passwords. If the default passwords are not accepted and you are an existing Telebroad client please contact us for assistance.
Enabling the Web Server on the Phone
The web server feature on your conference phone may be disabled. To allow the Web User Interface access to your phone the web server needs to be enabled!
To enable the web server:
- Access the Control Center by swiping down from the top of the screen or by tapping on the bottom of the idle screen.
- Select Advanced (on the CP965 tap Settings first) and enter the administrator password (the default password is admin.)
- Navigate to Network>Web Server.
- Depending on your network requirements tap and enable the HTTP Status or HTTPS Status option to allow access to the Web User Interface with either the HTTP or HTTPS protocol (HTTPS offers more security.)
When you don't plan on using the Web User Interface, you can simply follow the same steps and disable the HTTP Status or HTTPS Status option. This will provide extra security, but you should inform your phone system administrator about doing so as he may need to be able to access your phone over the local network.
Web User Interface Access
To access the web user interface do one of the following:
- Enter the IP address in a web browser on a computer or a mobile device that is on the same network as the phone.
On the login page, enter the current administrator credentials in the username and password fields and click Confirm.
If the administrator password is not accepted, you can try entering the user credentials in both fields. This will provide you with a more limited access to some features.
- If enabled on your phone and supported by your browser, you can skip the login page by entering a direct URL request in your browser.
To do so you use the format “https://username:password@phoneIPAddress” (for example, https://admin:firstname.lastname@example.org).
For security, after accessing the web user interface you can change the admin password from Security>Password. You can also change it from the phone user interface by navigating to >Advanced>Set Password (on the CP965 tap Settings after tapping More.)
Your computer or mobile device has to be on the same network as the phone. This means a remote connection is not possible.
If you are unable to connect, even when in the same office or location as the phone, try one of the following:
- Make sure to enable the web server on the phone, as explained above.
- If the phone is using a Wi-Fi network without a physical network connection make sure that Wi-Fi is enabled and connected properly. See more information here.
- Try rebooting the phone and your main router.
- Try using your browser in a private or incognito mode or try using a different web browser.
- If you are using a browser with an ad-blocking feature or if the browser has an ad-blocking extension/add-on, the Advanced Account or Network settings may not be accessible. To fix this disable the blocking for the web page of the Web User Interface.
- If none of the above help, you can try to connect a network cable directly between the phone's PC port and a computer or plug the phone directly into your router.