Click on the top-left corner to access your Calls Screen. The screen is divided to two columns and combines two functions from other versions of the TeleConsole – Calls Log and a dial pad. The dial pad can also be used to access your voicemail and its options. When you place a call you will see call options for it. Call options will also appear for received calls. A list of active calls (including held and conference calls) appear on top of the calls log column.
The middle column on the calling screen shows a chronological log of calls for your active phone line. It lists both internal calls from users in your company and external calls from outside clients and contacts.
Each call log record lists the phone number and name of the caller(if available), the time the call was placed, it's duration (missed or busy calls have a zero duration.), and one of three call types:
Click on the top-right corner of the column to select what type of calls is shown in the log. Select a specific call type or All to show all three.
Selecting a record gives you four options on the top-right corner of the screen:
- Select to place a call to the person who called you or whom you called. The dial pad screen will open with the other party's number automatically inserted in the call recipient's field.
- Select to chat or message with the person who called you or whom you called. The other party's number will be automatically inserted in the field of the new conversation screen.
- Select to open the contact details of an existing contact for the caller or whom you tried to call or to add him as a new contact.
- Select and then to delete the call log record (answer Delete when prompted to approve the deletion.)
The Dial Pad
The dial pad shows by default when you access the Calls Screen. It gets replaced by a call log record if you selected any. To show it again click .
Enter the name or number you want to dial in the To: field. As you type, existing matching contacts will be suggested.
Your default caller ID will be used for external calls. If you want to change it click the Call From: drop-down menu and select one of the available caller IDs. You can narrow the available choices by starting to type a number in the Search field. Changing the caller ID on the TeleConsole also affects the caller ID of your SIP phone, if you have one connected to your computer.
Select to place the call and access call options.
Incoming calls appear on the top of the calls log column and in a separate pop-up window. Select or to answer the call. Select or to decline it.
Active Calls and Call Options
A list of active calls (dialed or received) appear at the top of the calls log column. Call options for a selected call will be displayed on the right side on the window and the call will be indicated with a gray a box to show it is selected (if there is only one active call it will be selected by default.)
Select next to any call to hang it up.
The selected active call shows the caller's name and number and the duration of the call in progress.
The following call options are available for the selected active call:
- Select to hang up the call.
- When you select you will be prompted to a name or a phone numbers in the To: field or select one from list of available contacts( icon indicates the contact is already on a call.)
Select either a Transfer Blind to transfer the call immediately without prior consulting. Select Transfer Smart to be connected to the intended recipient of the transfer and can see if he is willing to accept the transfer.
- Select to place the call on hold. The call will be listed as being "On hold" in the active calls column and the hold button will change to . Select it again to resume the call.
After you place a call on hold you can use the keypad button to place a call to another person.While on hold, the party you are talking with TeleConsole (web version) phone setting
- Select to display the keypad. Use the keypad to make selections from interactive voice menus or to call another party after you have placed a call on hold.
- When you select you will be prompted to call other parties who will participate in a conference with you and with the selected active call. Enter names or a phone numbers in the To: field or select them from list of available contacts( icon indicates the contact is already on a call.) and click CONFERENCE. The calls participating in the conference will appear at the top of the calls log column.
The limit of how many participants you can add to a conference depends on your subscription plan and system settings. By default you can create a conference with three participants including yourself, so you should add only one participant to the conference (which will include you, the active call, and the new participant)
- Select to start recording the selected active call (or a conference.) The record button will change to and you will be notified that the location of the recording file on your PC is Documents/Teleconsole/Recordings. Check the Do not show again box to prevent the notification from showing when you perform future recordings.