Select from the TeleConsole menu in the top-left to access the Fax screen.
The screen is divided into two columns – one showing existing faxes (sent or received) and their statuses and one for viewing fax content and related options or to send a new fax.
If you are not able to see or receive faxes check the eFax Channels – MANAGE FAX ACCOUNTS option in the TeleConsole's settings and ensure that at least one of your fax channels is active!
Sending a New Fax
Click the button to send a new fax.
- Enter a contact's name or number in the field at the top. A fax can be sent to one or multiple contacts. Matching results, for both company and personal contacts, will be suggested. Select the desired one(s). Make sure to select a number that can accept faxes! If you selected one by mistake click next to it to remove it.
If a contact has more than one phone number all will be available for selection.
- You can select a different caller ID for your fax line by clicking the From: drop-down menu. The default number appearing here is selected in the Default Fax Number settings.
- To select or remove the cover page of the fax click the Cover page: drop-down menu. Presently you can only select No cover or Default fax cover page. But if you need a costume cover page you can email us with the design and logo and we will add it to your account.
After selecting a cover page enter the relevant information in the First and last name, Company / Department, and Cover page note.
You can click to see the design of the selected cover page. The default Telebroad design looks like this –
- Drag and drop the file(s) you want to fax from another window to the Attach file box or click the box to open a navigation window and select the relevant file. You can fax text files, PDFs, or picture files.
You can select multiple files up to a 20MB total limit (an individual file size should also not exceed this limit.) If you want to remove a selected file click on its thumbnail.
- Click SEND to fax the file or CANCEL to exit.
- The status of the fax will appear in the existing faxes column. It will initially show as "Fax sending" while it is being processed. Once the fax has been sent it will either show as "Fax sent successful" or "Fax sent failed".
You will also receive an email with the status of the fax and some additional details.
Fax Content and Options
From the list of existing faxes, select any fax to show its content.
Faxes you received are shown as a black and white image while faxes you sent are shown in color. For received faxes, you will see the sender's and recipient's (your) phone numbers at the top of the fax document.
Click to select what type of faxes are shown in the list of existing faxes – All Faxes, Sent Faxes, Received Faxes, or Failed Faxes. The latter are faxes that failed to deliver due to the recipient's phone number not able to receive faxes, his fax line is not physically connected, or his line not being available. On some very rare occasions, a fax will fail to send because of a problem with the Telebroad server. You can check the status of the server here.
On the top-right corner of the screen you have additional options for the fax or the other party:
- Selectto place a call to the other party who sent you the fax or received it from you. The dial pad screen will open with the other party's number automatically inserted in the call recipient's field.
- Select to print the fax.
- Select to download a copy of the fax as a PDF to your local or network drive.
- Select to access additional menu options –
- Select to open the existing contact details for the person who you are exchanging faxes with or to add him as a new contact.
- Select to forward the fax – fax it to another contact. The send a fax screen will open with the forwarded fax already attached to it as a PDF file. You just need to enter the contact information and you can attach additional files.
- Select to delete the fax transmission and select DELETE when prompted to approve the deletion.