A call can be transferred in one of three ways:
- Consultative transfer - you have the option of either talking to the party to whom you are transferring the call, or you can choose not to talk to the party, and complete the transfer when you hear the party’s ring-back sound.
- Blind transfer (see separate article) - the call is automatically transferred after you dial the number of the party to whom you want to transfer the call. You do not have the option of talking to the party.
- Attended transfer - set up a conference call and then end your participation in it. The parties are automatically connected to each other after you exit a conference.
For more information about setting up and ending conferences see this article.
To perform a consultative transfer call:
- During a call, press the Transfer soft key. The active call is placed on hold.
- Place a call to the party to whom you want to transfer the call.
- When you hear the ring-back sound, press the Transfer soft key. The transfer is complete.
- If you want to talk privately to the person to whom you are transferring the call before the transfer is complete, wait until the person answers the call, talk to the person, and then press the Trnsfer soft key.
- To cancel the transfer before the call connects, press the Cancel soft key.