Intercom calls on the Yealink W56H allow you to quickly connect with a specific or all handsets registered to the same base station as your handset.
By default, intercom calls are answered automatically on the speaker of the receiving handset(s), but the Auto Intercom option can be configured on each handset so the user needs to press the Accept soft key to answer the call.
Additional intercom functionality is possible with Telebroad dial codes. To intercom with any internal number or extension use the intercom dial code. To deliver announcements to all users on the phone system (or a group of users) use the Group intercom paging dial code.
Configuring Auto Intercom
The Auto Intercom option defines how an intercom call is answered on a handset. It is configured on each handset separately.
To configure auto intercom via the handset:
- Press to enter the main menu.
- Select Settings>Telephony>Auto Intercom.
- Select a configuration – ---
- On (Beep On): The auto intercom feature is on. The handset will play a warning tone and answer the incoming intercom call automatically.
- On (Beep Off): The auto intercom feature is off. The handset will answer the incoming internal intercom call automatically without a warning tone.
- Off: The auto intercom feature is off. You need to answer an incoming internal intercom call by pressing the Accept soft key.
- Press the Change soft key.
Making Intercom Calls
You can make an intercom call with a specific or all handsets when your handset is idle.
To make an intercom call:
- Press to enter the main menu and select Intercom.
The handsets registered with the same base station are displayed.
- Highlight the desired handset or, if you want to intercom with all handsets, select All HS.
- Press , , or the OK soft key to dial out.
If the auto intercom feature is enabled on the receiving handset(s), the handset will answer the internal call automatically, otherwise it will ring.