The guides for the Polycom VVX 401/411 in this support section shows you how to access features directly from the phone's user interface. For more advanced features, changing preferences and settings, and running diagnostics and utilities from a comfortable interface you can use the Web Configuration Utility.
Any configuration changes made to individual phones using the Web Configuration Utility will override configuration settings made with central provisioning. Configuration changes made manually using a phone’s user interface will override changes made using the Web Configuration Utility.
To access the Web Configuration Utility:
- In order to access the web user interface, you need to know the IP address of your new phone.
To obtain the IP address do the following:
- Press the key to access the home screen.
- Select the icon.
- Select the Status > Platform > Phone.
- Scroll down to see the IP address.
- Enter the phone's IP address in the address bar of a web browser on a computer or a mobile device that is on the same virtual local area network (VLAN) as your phone.
- The Web Configuration Utility login screen will load. You can choose to login as either User or Admin, with the later having more access and privileges to various sections of the web utility.
- Enter the corresponding password, and click the Submit button.
The default Administrator password is: 456.
The default User password is: 123.
These passwords can be changed in the utility itself.
- The Web Configuration Utility Home screen is displayed.