The user guides for the Polycom VVX 250/350/450 in this support section shows you how to access features directly from the phone's user interface. For more advanced features, changing preferences and settings, and running diagnostics and utilities from a comfortable interface you can use the Web Configuration Utility.
Any configuration changes made to individual phones using the Web Configuration Utility will override configuration settings made with central provisioning. Configuration changes made manually using a phone’s user interface will override changes made using the Web Configuration Utility.
In this support section we only discuss how to perform a factory reset with the utility. Please consult your phone system administrator with any other issues that may require you to use the utility.
To access the Web Configuration Utility:
- In order to access the web user interface, you need to know the IP address of your new phone.
To obtain the IP address do the following:
- Press to access the Main Menu Screen and navigate to Settings.
- Select Status > Platform > Phone.
- Scroll down to see the IP address.
- Enter the phone's IP address in a web browser that is on the same virtual local area network (VLAN) as your phone.
- The Web Configuration Utility's login screen will load. You can choose to login as either User or Admin, with the later having more access and privileges to various sections of the web utility.
- Enter the corresponding password, and click the Submit button.
The default Administrator password is: 456.
The default User password is: 123.
These passwords can be changed in the utility itself.
- The Web Configuration Utility Home screen is displayed.