Our support articles for the Yealink SIP-T46S focus on accessing features directly from the phone's user interface. But for more advanced features (such as Forward or DND authorized numbers) or ease of access, you can also customize your phone via a web user interface.
IP Address and Login Credentials
In order to access the web user interface you need to know two things:
- The IP address of the phone.
To find out the IP address press the OK key when the phone is idle.
You can also select Menu from the idle screen and then select Status>General.
If your local network is using a DHCP server, the IP address is configured automatically when your phone is initially powered on. If the phone cannot obtain the IP address automatically you may need to configure the network settings manually.
- The phone's current administrator or user login credentials.
The default administrator credentials are “admin" (case-sensitive) for both the user name and password.
The default user credentials are “user" (case-sensitive) for both the user name and password.
When we initially provision your phone we usually change these password. If the default passwords are not accepted and you are an existing client please contact us for assistance.
Web User Interface Access
To access the web user interface do one of the following:
- Enter the IP address in a web browser of your choice on your computer or mobile device.
When prompted by the login page, enter the current administrator credentials in the username and password fields and click Confirm.
If the administrator password is not accepted, you can try entering the user credentials in both fields. This will provide you with a more limited access to some of the features of the web user interface.
- If enabled on your phone and supported by your browser, you can skip the login page by entering a URI request in your browser.
To do so you use the URI format “https://username:password@phoneIPAddress” (for example, https://admin:firstname.lastname@example.org).
If all details are entered correctly your browser will open the Status page of the web user interface.
For security, after accessing the web user interface you can change the admin password from Security>Password. You can also change it from the phone user interface by selecting Menu in the idle screen and navigating to Advanced Settings>Set Password.
- In order to access the web user interface, you need to know the IP address of your new phone. To obtain the IP address, press the OK key on the phone when the phone is idle.
- Enter the IP address in a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- You will be prompted for authentication. The default administrator user name and password are both “admin” (case-sensitive).
- For security, after accessing the web user interface you can change the admin password from Security > Password. You can also change it from the phone user interface by selecting Menu in the idle screen and navigating to Advanced Settings > Set Password.
Your computer or mobile device need to be on the same network as the phone. This means a remote connection is not possible.
If you are unable to connect even when in the same office or location as the phone try one of the followings:
- Select Menu from the idle screen and navigate to Advanced>Network>Web Server.
Make sure the HTTP/HTTPS status is Enabled.
- Try using your browser in private or incognito mode or use a different web browser.
- If the phone is using a Wi-Fi network without a physical network connection make sure that Wi-Fi is enabled and connected properly. See more information here.
- Try rebooting the phone and your main router.
- If this still doen't help you can try to connect a network cable directly between the phone's PC port and a computer.