Installing TeleConsole Desktop for Windows
If you are upgrading the TeleConsole to a newer version, it is advisable you first uninstall your current version (see below.)
Follow these steps to install TeleConsole on your Windows computer:
- Select App Marketplace from the top menu on Telebroad's home page.
If the size of your browser's window is scaled down enough access Apps Marketplace from the side menu instead.
On the top section of the page ("Work from any device on any platform"), click the Windows button to open an information window for the app and click Get for Windows.
The address for this screen is https://telebroad.com/teleconsole_desktop and you can download the installer file directly from this link.
- A file called Teleconsole_Setup.exe (the current version number will be included in the name before the .exe extension) will be downloaded to your Downloads folder (or to any other folder that is selected in your browser for downloading.)
Once downloaded, click the file in your browser to run it or locate it in the relevant folder and double-click it.
The installer is an executable file that may trigger your antivirus or firewall software. This can interfere with the installation process or can later prevent certain functions from operating properly. Either mark the installation as safe when prompted by your security software or, if this doesn't work, disable the relevant security software temporarily just for the duration of the installation.
- Depending on your version of Windows, you may see one or several notifications about the application trying to make changes to your device or that ".... this file type can potentially harm your computer...".
These are normal and appear with most software installations. Just give the setup file a permission to proceed by clicking Allow or Run when prompted by the notification.
- When the installation is complete the TeleConsole will be automatically launched.
If you close its window or quit it you can launch it manually from:
- The Windows Start Menu under "T" (if you have installed any other Telebroad software, such as Telebroad's Integration Manager, the TeleConsole app may appear inside a Telebroad folder.)
- From a TeleConsole shortcut () created on your desktop during the installation.
- Or from the system tray by clicking the TeleConsole icon or and selecting the Open TeleConsole. Here you can also access the Support section you are reading now, or Quit (the) Teleconsole. If you quit the TeleConsole, is closed and removed from memory, but your login information is kept so you don't need to reenter it.
Quitting the TeleConsole will also remove its icon from the system tray so you will need to launch it using the other methods.
- When the TeleConsole is started for the first time you may need to have your firewall Allow access to some of its libraries.
- The TeleConsole app or its sign in screen (see below) will automatically launch every time you turn on or restart your PC. If you want to disable this, access the Windows settings ( ) from the Start Menu, select Apps > Startup, and switch off the toggle next to Teleconsole.
Uninstalling the TeleConsole
If you need to remove the TeleConsole to upgrade to a newer version or for any other reason access the Windows settings ( ) from the Start Menu, select Apps, scroll down to find "Teleconsole", click it to reveal the related options and select Uninstall. Approve the uninstall request when prompted.
Account Sign In and Password Reset
Once you have installed and launched the TeleConsole you can sign in to your Telebroad account. Enter your credentials (your password is case sensitive but your user name is not) in the User Name and Password fields and click the SIGN IN button.
If your Telebroad credentials are not accepted, you can click the Forgot your password? link and provide the email address for your account. Password resetting instructions will be delivered to this address. See more details about password resetting here.
Alternatively, you can also click Sign in with Google or Sign in with Office 365 to use your Google or Microsoft credentials. A new sign-in screen will open for either method with it's own options to recover your sign-in email (a recovery phone number or email has to be registered in your account for that) or resetting your password.
Resetting the password from this screen will affect your entire Google or Microsoft account, and not just your Telebroad account! You will need to sign in with the new password you create to any Google or Microsoft service you use.