- Contact Types – TeleConsole and Company-
- Contact Details, Options, and Editing ---
- Creating a New Contact ---
- – call the contact. The keypad screen will open with the contact's number automatically inserted in the call recipient's field.
- – send an SMS (or MMS) message to the contact. The contact's number will be automatically inserted in the field of the new conversation screen
- – email the contact.
The first time you select this option in the TeleConsole it will prompt you to select a default email app for future use.
If you want to change the default email app go to the Windows settings screen and select Apps>Default apps. Click the current default email app to display a choice of other email applications or browsers and select the one you want to use. This selection is global and will be used for all other Windows apps.
- – delete the contact. You will be prompted to approve the deletion by selecting DELETE.
- – edit the contact. The editing screen is identical to the new contact screen (see below.) Besides changing the names, company, phone numbers, and emails (and their labels) of the contact you can also change his status from private to public (shared with other phone users in your company.)
Remember that you can only delete and edit TeleConsole contacts! Company contacts can only be deleted and edited by your phone system administrator, hence their editing and deletion options appear grayed out.
Creating a New Contact
You can only add new TeleConsole contacts (new company contacts are created by your phone system administrator). To create a new TeleConsole contact, select . You must fill in the First name, Last name, and Company fields and add at least one phone number before you can SAVE the contact.
If you want to share the contact with everyone on your company's phone system, toggle the Type field from Private to Public.
To add additional phone numbers or email fields select next to either. To remove a new field you added select .
You can change the label of phone numbers from their drop-down menu. Available labels are Work, Mobile, Home, Conference, Fax, or Other. Labeling helps you differentiate between phone numbers (although you may also have several identical labels. For example two work numbers for a contact). For email fields, only the Work label applies.